Let us talk after birth healing and a recipe to help in postpartum healing. We all know our bodies go through so many changes but if we don’t put in a little bit of work the healing time may take longer. This recipe is easy to make on your own or you can head to our shop and buy it ready made.
Herbs to order:
- 1/4 cup Comfrey Leaf
- 1/2 cup Lavender Flowers
- 1/4 cup Plantain Leaf
- 1/2 cup Red Raspberry Leaf
- 1/4 cup Yarrow Flower
- 1/4 cup Calendula Flowers
- 1/4 cup Shepherd’s Purse
- 1/4 cup Uva Ursi Leaf
- 1/4 cup Sea Salt or Epsom Salt
How to Use:
- For bath use: add 1 cup of herbs to 2 quarts of boiling water. Remove water from heat and let sit for 20 minutes. Strain and add to a bath and soak for 20 minutes. Both mom and baby can soak to speed cord and perineum healing.
- Brew with the above ratios and add to a Peri Bottle for use after going to the bathroom.
- Pour some pre-brewed herbal mix on to pads and freeze for a pain relieving ice pack.
- Use a diluted mix around baby’s cord for healing.
Have you ever used herbs post birth? Did they help you? Share below!